Those that know, do. Those that understand, teach.
-Aristotle

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Some things about me

tulips
Hi. My name is Patricia Robbins and I am a non-traditional student at USA majoring in elementary education. I hope to earn my degree in about two years. I have lived in Mobile for almost six years but I am originally from Michigan. I have been married for 18 years and have two children and two dogs (beagles). My husband's name is Scott and he works for Northrop-Grumman as a mechanical engineer. I have two sons, Daniel and Joshua. Daniel is 16 and is a junior at Baker High School. He plays trumpet in the marching band. I am a member of the band boosters and am involved with that during the school year. My other son Joshua is nine and attends Hutchens Elementary School. He is in the PACE program there. When I am not taking classes, studying or taking care of my family, I like to cook and read.
I hope to work for Mobile Public Schools after I graduate, teaching 4th or 5th grade. I also plan to earn a Master's degree in Secondary Education so I would be qualified to teach grades K-12. I would one day like to teach middle school Geography or History (preferable 6th grade).

No comments: